Here are some things you can do to manage a healthy Covid-19 Home Environment for Recovery
12 Tips for Family Members Health
Take an online assessment and find out if you qualify for at-home COVID-19 test. Free shipping. Results within 24 hours of lab receiving test. $119 retail or Free with qualifying Assessment
- Stay Home and Shelter in Place (All)
- Monitor your symptoms – CDC List Of Symptoms Tracker (All)
- If you have been exposed to COVID and not tested, get tested – Covid Test Home Kit Assessment, Free Covid Test- CVS and Walgreens (check for local offering), Nationwide
- Replace your Toothbrush, use an Antimicrobial Mouthwash, Brushing your teeth at least 4 times a day can reduce risk of airborne Covid turning to pneumonia (All)
- Get Plenty of Rest and Stay hydrated – Health Experts say this empowers recovery . For Insomnia try Melatonin based Natural Sleep Aid (Covid Positive Patient)
- If you have medical appointments call healthcare provider and notify them you have or have been exposed to Covid-19 –What You Should Know About COVID-19 (All)
- If there is a 911 emergency notify dispatch that you have or have been exposed to Covid-19 (All)
- Cover your coughs and sneezes by sneezing into your elbow (All)
- Notify service providers, landlord, friends and family not to drop by to visit to avoid exposure to Covid-19. Share the Facts about COVID-19pdf (All)
- Wash your Hands and Nails clean often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with Alcohol Hand Sanitizer (All)
- As much as possible stay in specific rooms and bathrooms. Maintain safe distance (+6 Feet) and wear a Cloth Face Mask Reusable – CDC-Recommended in your home (All)
- Avoid sharing personal items within the home (dishes, clothing, towels, bedding, devices)
12 Tips for Home Health
Keeping the house clean takes a bit more cleaning steps. Recent studies found that COVID-19 virus can live on cardboard surfaces for up to 24 hours and on plastic and stainless steel for up to 3 days. Proper cleaning can reduce the risk of germs. The danger zones in a home are Bathrooms and the Kitchen, however here we will share general tips for great overall home health. The key is Clean to remove germs dirt and impurities, then Disinfect to kill germs
Cleaning, then disinfecting: The EPA has established a list of disinfectants (List N) that meet their criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant. Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces. Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Clean the Air: Open the Windows! Refreshes air, and reduces the spread of Coronavirus.
- Clean and Dust general household areas with Dust & Allergen Multi-Surface Cleaner Spray
- Clean shared household devices with 75% Alcohol Wipes include: remote controls, game controllers, keyboards and computer mice, cell phones and landline phones.
- Clean and keep Bathroom Toilets with Toilet Bowl Cleaner or for germ free touch less clean with disposable Toilet Wand
- Clean Bathroom Surfaces. Wear Reusable Gloves or Disposable Gloves and soap/water or Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner, for high touch shared areas (Counters, doorknobs, sink, shower, tub)
- Clean Kitchen. Wear Reusable Gloves or Disposable Gloves and soap/water or Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner, for routine cleaning high touch shared areas (Counters, doorknobs, cabinets, stove, fridge)
- Clean General House Reusable Gloves or Disposable Gloves and soap/water or Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner,for Light Switches, Door Knobs, Stair Rails, Shelves, or Cabinets for Fabric Odor Defense Air and Fabric Spray
- Cleaning Clothes and Bedding: CDC recommends wearing gloves if touching a Covid positive patient’s laundry. Optional Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Additive.
- After cleaning, use Clean-Up Disinfectant Cleaner with Bleach to sanitize high touch surfaces in Bathroom (Toilet handle, sinks, counters, bath, shower, faucets. )
- After cleaning your car, Use Disinfectant Hand Cleaning Spray to sanitize high touch surfaces in car (steering wheel, radio, control panel.
- After cleaning, use Clean-Up Disinfectant Cleaner with Bleach to sanitize high touch surfaces in kitchen (Microwave, Stove, Counters, Refrigerator handle, table, chairs)
- After cleaning, use Clean-Up Disinfectant Cleaner with Bleach to sanitize high touch surfaces in general house light switches, door knobs, stair rails, Shelves or Cabinets.